Star Wars fans, rejoice! Now you can make an awesome Death Star pinata to honor the popular film franchise!
This Death Star piñata is actually rather simple to build, using only a beach ball, strips of newspaper and paper mache glue mix. You have to be patient painting all of the Death Star surface details after the mache ball is finished and primed with gray spray paint.
Follow these steps to create a pinata even the most hardcore fan will love!
What you’ll need:
- Beach ball
- Gray spray primer
- Newspaper cut into stripes
- Paper mache glue mix.
And now, to the steps:
- Step 1: Mix half the glue/water.
- Step 2: Rip the newspaper in strips and dip them in the glue/water mix
- Step 3: Apply the first layer over the balloon. Each layer needs to dry completely to prevent mold before moving to the next.
- Step 4: Figure out where the super laser will be by using a cup or glass and drawing it with a marker
- Step 5: Cut out the super laser hole with a knife.
- Step 6: Pinch the balloon to deflate titd pull it out. Make sure no air vents open anywhere.
- Step 7: This is optional, but it would be a good idea to make a holding contraption so it doesn’t easily tear out the top with all the weight of the candy. You can make one by stacking three layers of stacked cardboard with chop stick anchors.
- Step 8: Hang the ball for painting with the gray spray
- Step 9: Start painting details like city sprawls and outer trenches.
- Step 10: Take the cut out part for the super laser focus lens. Turn it up side down and paint it with the gray spray and draw additional details.
- Step 11: Now it’s time to fill the pinata with candy! Try to use melt proof, light weight candy.
- Step 12: Hot glue the focus lens in.
- Step 13: Cut green straws and hot glue them for the super laser.
And there you have it. You can check the step by step process in the images below:
Pretty cool, huh? We can customize anything into a pinata! Check them out here!