One of the most anticipated holidays for kids and adults alike is Easter. With tons of activities like easter egg hunting, egg decoration, games of egg toss and more, what could you do to make your celebration stand out?
A pinata is always a synonym of fun: What a better idea than to incorporate one to the whole Easter extravaganza? Check this short and easy tutorial on how to make a beatiful egg pinata your whole guests will love busting for treats!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mini balloons
- Crepe paper
- Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Inflate the balloons and tie them with a ribbon.
- Tear newspaper into small pieces, the pieces should be small enough that they don’t wrinkle and fold when placed on the balloon.
- Prepare the paper maché by mixing equal parts water and flour in a bowl. We could cover five balloons with two layers with 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of water mixture.
- Soak the newspaper pieces in the mixture, the wetter they are the easier they are to stick to the balloon.
- Lay the pieces on the balloon making sure to cover every part and as close around the balloon knot as possible.
- Hang on a line of ribbon to dry.
- Once dry, repeat steps 4-6 for a second layer. It is important to make two thin layers because one thin layer can easily collapse when you remove the balloon.
- Once the balloon has completely dried over night, use scissors to cut a hole near the balloon knot to release the air. When the balloon has completely deflated, remove it from your piñata.
- Cut crepe paper into tiny strips.
- Cut strips into fringe.
- Using tacky glue, attach fringe to the egg.
- Tie a knot in ribbon and attach to egg piñata in the hole left from the balloon, if you have covered this hole with fringe, it is easy to make a new one.
- Fill with candy and treats
And there you have it! Are you ready to make your party the talk of the town! Show us your results in the comments!